Steelwater gun safes provide the durability and quality that most gun holders expect when they are looking for a for their firearms. It comes with 12-gauge solid steel and embraces high-end locks that make this safe a tough nut to crack.
Buying a safe that is easy to install and high-quality built can cost you a fortune. However, the gun safes from the Steelwater Gun Safe stable are among the best ones on the market and their safes ensure all of your money is well spent. Safety and protection of your valuable assets and of your loved ones is not something that you should take for granted. Therefore, you should seriously consider this gun safe investment. This safe isn’t waterproof, however, it can withstand water sprays from overhead sprinkler systems and fire hoses.
There are many gun safe options out there for you, but you have to do your homework before you fork out your hard-earned money for a gun safe. Therefore, it is important to investigate further the AMSWFB-845 to find out what makes it so special.
With this safe, mechanical issues, security problems, and aesthetic problems are a thing of the past simply because Steelwater makes sure to fulfill each of its promises with regards to good fireproofing, security and durability while simultaneously providing its products at an affordable price.
- Automatic Internal LED Lights
- 120 minutes of fire protection upto 1875°F
- Composite-constructed 5 1/8” thick door that makes use of 3 layers of fire-boards
- Power supply with two USB charging ports and three AC outlets
- Interior Dimensions: 27 1/4” x 15” x 15”
- Outside Dimensions: 33 1/4” x 21” x 22 3/4”
- Usable Interior Dimensions: 3.55 Cubic Ft
- Hard plate that is drill/gunfire resistant and eight times larger to secure the re-locker, gear drive,combination dial, and linkages
- Two layers of fire-boards on the ceiling,door jams, walls, and floor
- Weight: 460 pounds
- Meets CDJ regulatory standards for residential security safes
- 12-gauge steel construction
- High-quality satin chrome dial with black numbers that uses “VisionGard”
- Fully upholstered grey interior
- Door opening: 180 degrees
- Package has18 steel locking bolts, 11 chrome-plated active bolts, and 7 inactive bolts
- Gear-focused lock and bolt system for additional protection against prying, punching, and drill attempts
- Interior spring-loaded re-locking bolt to lock the safe in case it is punched out or removed during a burglary attempt
- Door seal that relies on heat activation to prevent smoke and water from causing any damage
- Seal thickness can increase eight times in case of a fire
- 4 pre-drilled 0.5-inch anchor holes that have been strengthened with a 0.35-inch steel plate for added security when the vault is fixed down
- Three-section gun rack with 7 adjustable shelves for extra storage space
- UL Listed LaGard Group II combination dial with pre-set random combination
Steelwater is a name etched confidently in heavy-duty steel that secures your possessions, not just from man-made dangers but from natural calamities as well. This model is built to resist both fire hazards and robbery.The safe is made to resist fire up to 1875 degrees Fahrenheit. It is designed and built with safety techniques and devotion that it should be able to withstand around two hours of fire exposure. It also comes with a door seal that expands in case of a fire, which is manufactured to keep out the heat and water during a disaster to protect your possessions.
Besides just being fireproof, the safe is made to resist prying and drill attacks that unwanted people would try. In fact, it would take a well-trained and strong individual to really even make a dent in the safe. It has a gear-focused lock and bolt mechanism that can make it even harder for individuals to gain access to your firearms and other possessions.
A great feature is the anchor hole (pre-drilled) that allow you to protect the safe to the floor without needing to rely on any changes. Steelwater actually advises fixing the safe to the ground for additional security and warranty reasons. The package comes with 5 bolts that are required to anchor the safe to any leveled surface.
Construction and Design
The ideal gun safe provides high-quality build, design, and security. Steelwater focuses on all these areas. This safe embraces a hard plate, which is drill-resistant and its’ 8 times larger than the previous models. The plate secures the gear drive, lock, linkages,and re-locker.
In addition to that, it comes with a thick (4.5-inch) composite door that prevents pry bars from working so now you don’t need to worry about prying as well. To increases protection against any smoke or heat, Steelwater Gun Safes’ products include door seals that activate as it comes near the heat.
In case of fire, this seal can expand to prevent smoke and heat escaping into the safe, as discussed previously. Moreover, it comprisesre-lockers in its interior that make sure the safe stays protected. It is also provided with steel-reinforced shelves for additional strength. These come with heavy-duty removeable and adjustable shelf that you can adjust according to your needs. The gear drive systems also keep the vault safe from punching, prying and even drill attempts. In addition to that, this gun safe comes with carpeted interiors to protect your items from any damage.
When you use the safe, you’ll notice 2 top shelves where you can place any items like scopes and ammunition along with your handguns and pistols. The lower area of the safe comes with plenty of space for any other valuable items that you wish to store.
Given that the size of the safe is about 460 pounds, you will surely require some professional help for the installation. That said, all the mounting hardwares are still provided if you want to Do-it-yoursel for with the help of some friends.
The best part of this gun safe is its locking mechanism. It comes with a digital lock that needs the input of your personal combination to open. The lock comes with some interesting features. The first feature is the EMP resistance that allows the gun safe to open in case of any emergencies. The second is the lock back up. If it is ever moved or hit, a relocking system is activated to keep your guns safe.
- The door seal is heat activated and expands in case of a fire to keep fire,water, and smoke out.
- Increased durability
- Strong design and construction
- Comes with pre-drilled hole so as to secure the safe to the floor
- Digital locking system
- Comes with a relocking bolt (spring-loaded) in case a burglar removes the lock
- Lifetime warranty
- Not ideal for long guns
- You need to remove some of the shelves to fit more guns.
- The combination has to be installed by Steelwater or a professional.
If you are having trouble picking a gun safe, it is safe to conclude that now you are able to put the AMSWFB-845 on your list. With all the brands available out there, it can turn into a daunting task to pick one. Therefore, the AMSWFB-845 from Steelwater may suit your needs because this is definitely one of the top models out there that doesn’t compromise on quality, durability, and security.
The safe has a sturdy construction that makes almost any break-in impossible. Not only that, but the latest rock-hard steel locking bolts are just as useful for keeping people out, and the gear drive system makes it even more secure. If you’re looking for a large capacity, heavy duty safe that promises quality at an affordable price, it is hard to get a better unit than then SteelWaterAMSWFB-845.
Like all of the Steelwater products, this unit aims to make sure a high degree of security to users with the implementation of constant innovation and up-to-date technology along with industry leading lifetime warranty.